Header Ads

Diego Costa unveiled at Atletico Madrid

Costa, who helped Atletico to a first league title in 18 years in 2014, agreed a return to the club from Chelsea in September for £57m, nearly double the price he left for more than three years ago.
“I've waited a long time for this day, I've been working hard and training hard but there's nothing else to do, I need to play, I'm tired of training,” Costa told a news conference.
He was officially presented alongside fellow Spain team mate Vitolo -- who signed from Sevilla in July for £35.5m - before an open training session at the Wanda Metropolitano stadium, which local media said 20,000 supporters attended.
“I'm in much better shape than when I arrived, I've prepared well and worked hard and I'm ready to help the team and score goals,” Costa said.
Atletico's ban on registering new players due to the illegal transfer of minors expires on Monday, meaning Costa could make his debut against Lleida Esportiu in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday, with his first league appearance set for Saturday at home to Getafe.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.