Header Ads

"I Came Back To Prove Chelsea Doubters Wrong" - Mohammed Salah


After a stellar season at Liverpool, Mohamed Salah says he came back to the Premier League to prove his Chelsea critics wrong after selling him to Roma.
The Egyptian in a recent interview revealed that the desire to prove the Blues wrong motivated him to reach greater heights in his career this season.
Salah has scored 43 goals in all competitions this campaign, leading Liverpool to the Champions League final.
The 25-year-old collected Liverpool's Player and Players' Player of the Season awards on Thursday, as well as the Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year prize.
Mohamed Salah was deemed surplus to requirements by Jose Mourinho and Chelsea in 2015 after which he was sold to Roma.
The £39.5m Liverpool paid to sign the 25-year-old from Roma last summer now looks like a bargain following his sensational debut season at Anfield.
The superstar forward said he always wanted to return to England to silence his critics.
"I was here like four years ago and a lot of people said he couldn't [have] success, that I cannot play in the Premier League, [that] it was very difficult for him," Salah said.
"So it was always in my mind to come back. From the first day I left Chelsea, it was always in my mind to make them wrong.
"I made them wrong."

Credit: SportsMole

No comments

Powered by Blogger.